Documentation for International Travel

Visa type required

The type of visa that is required is the B-1.

For citizens of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program

Citizens of these 36 countries do not need a visa, but must have obtained approval through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travel to the USA. You can find all relevant information on which countries these are, and how to do the ESTA application at

For citizens of all other countries

You will need to apply for a B-1 visa at a US Embassy or Consulate. For this purpose, you will need a letter from IIiX 2010 confirming your registration/participation in this meeting, as well as other information. To obtain this letter, please first register for the conference, and then send a letter to Nick Belkin ( requesting one.

Where to find relevant information/instructions

All information on temporary visas to the USA, including instructions for application for a B-1 visa and the supporting documentation required, can be found at

One Comment